“We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women`s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.”
Chief Operating Officer, Facebook
#5 Most Powerful Women in Business, Fortune
#4 Most Powerful Women, Forbes
Diversity in industry drives economic growth. This fact is well-documented and thoroughly backed by studies from organizations including McKinsey & Company and Scientific American.
Key benefits of a diverse workforce include:
- Significantly increased profitability and positive financial performance
- Ability to more effectively connect with multiple markets
- Fresh perspectives on building effective strategy
- Value creation at the executive and board levels
- Strengthened organizational effectiveness
- Increased innovation intensity
As Canada embarks on cannabis legalization, an industry rich in opportunities and applications, it is to the benefit of all stakeholders to work together towards a diverse workforce and marketplace.
The team behind Her Roots has 20+ years of experience in working with start-up and established industry associations. We’ve witnessed first-hand how much more effective and impactful an organization is when there is a heightened focus on inclusionary initiatives, and we’re looking forward to providing a forum for driving diversity in Canada’s cannabis industry.